Tuesday, July 27, 2021

A Call to Serve

I got a call to serve this afternoon. It wasn't a big deal. All I had to do was walk for ten minutes and push a button, and as it turned out, I didn't even have to do that much. But still, doing so brought a friend of mine some peace of mind. It was a good thing to do, even though I didn't actually do hardly anything. But after I did that act of service, I thought about how I was the one my friend called. I was the one my friend turned to. I was the favorite vacuum cleaner. And yeah, I don't always like being people's first person to turn to. It gets tiring. But it's good to know that my friends and family know that they can count on me for help. It's nice to know that I can give them some peace of mind, even when my service doesn't amount to much else.

I'm glad I answered that call to serve this afternoon, and I'm honored that I was the one my friend chose to call and that he knew that I would answer.

No comments: