Thursday, July 1, 2021

Subtle Influence

Today, I became aware of how subtle God's influence in our lives sometimes is. Throughout the day, several small coincidences have added up to teaching me some pretty important lessons. Unrelated things, like remembering song lyrics, seeing a YouTube video, and getting a text from a friend have led me to some profound messages, many of which are too personal to share. But still, it reminded me of how subtle God often is. It would have been easy to overlook these messages and even easier to not realize that God was the one who was sending me those messages. Sometimes, I think God isn't helping me, but maybe He is, just in ways that are too subtle to notice.

We should try to keep our eyes open to God's subtle influence because, as I learned today, His influence can be so subtle as to be almost imperceptible.

No comments: