Friday, July 9, 2021

A Comfortable Afterlife

Given that there are multiple degrees of afterlives we might theoretically end up with and that none of them are completely terrible, I believe that everyone will ultimately end up (potentially after some divine punishment) in an afterlife with which we can be comfortable. Those who have grown accustomed to seeking perfection can continue to seek perfection and ultimately attain it. Those who are comfortable with the idea of merely being angels will merely be angels. And those who would be most comfortable being about as far away from religion as they can get will be able to find a place far away from religious sticks in the mud. That may be why eternal progression doesn't happen in the lower two kingdoms of glory. The people who end up there will be comfortable where they are.

I'm thankful that everyone is (after a period of judgement and perhaps punishment) going to have a comfortable afterlife. That's something that I eagerly hope for. I look forward to spending eternity in that kind of comfort. In the meantime, I'm glad to know that I can attain the most comfortable afterlife (for me) be striving to be/become/remain good and to to repent often. I have hope for a good afterlife, and I have a near-certain hope for a comfortable one.

No comments: