Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Helping Oneself

Paladins have many abilities that help or at least can help others. They can cast protective and healing spells on others. They can empower everyone near them with their strengthening and protective auras. Most of a Paladin's magic can be used to help others. However, it's also important for a Paladin to remember that many of those benefits can apply to them as well. A Paladin can target themselves with protective and healing magic, when needed, and a Paladin is always in the center of their auras and receive the benefits of them. Paladins exist to help people, but they should never forget that one of the people Paladins can help is themselves.

I sometimes struggle, but I can and should help myself overcome my struggles. I am a worthy and in-need recipient of the help and service I sometimes give to others. If I think of myself as two separate people, I could certainly see myself as one of the many kinds of person that I would be willing to try to help.

Unfortunately, I am often too down on myself. I talk to myself in ways that I would never talk to a friend, and that's terribly unhelpful. Instead, I should try to be a friend to myself and to help myself improve.

My life, soul, and happiness are just as valuable as those of other people. If I'm willing to help, love, and care for others, I should also help, love, and care for myself.

No comments: