Friday, July 2, 2021

A Good and Happy Life

Of the insights I gained yesterday, on of my favorites is that life on Earth can be heavenly, if we choose to see and/or make it that way.

For much of my life, I've focused on the afflictions of life and how the struggle is supposed to make us strong, but I think it mostly made me bitter instead. Now I think it may be better to focus on the blessings of life, including the opportunities to grow.

We don't need to wait until the afterlife to have good lives. We don't have to wait until the afterlife to be happy. We can be happy and have good lives now by making the decisions that lead to good lives and happiness. We can be happy and have good lives now by focusing on the things that make us happy and that make our lives good.

I have many blessings and several afflictions. When I focus on my afflictions and problems, I get negative. So, it stands to reason that if I focus on my blessings instead, I'll feel positive, and that positivity may help me gain more resilience and help me deal with my afflictions and problems. At the very least, I'll feel better about and in spite of them, and that alone will be worth the effort.

I want to be happy, and I want to have a good life, and I'm grateful that I don't need to wait until I'm dead to do it.

No comments: