Friday, October 7, 2022

Bad Blessings

Earlier today, I had wanted to visit my best friend on my way to do something else I was planning on doing today. Unfortunately, circumstances conspired against making that possible, and I had to stay home. As it turns out, that might have been a blessing in disguise. As the day progressed, if became more and more evident that I was not fully well, and I ended up being grateful that I wasn't able to risk infecting my friend.

I'm ultimately glad I wasn't able to visit my friend today. Granted, a nicer blessing might have been to cure my sickness or not let it get me in the first place, but I know that afflictions like these are inevitable and sometimes necessary. I'm just glad I was afflicted enough today that I wasn't able to accidentally risk afflicting my friend, who is already facing afflictions enough.

Today was a rough day, but it could have been worse, and part of what made today mostly okay was, ironically, because it had started off so badly.

No comments: