Saturday, October 22, 2022

"My No-Consequences Power Fantasy"

A Reddit (I think) user with the username "writing-prompt-s" once posed the question, " 'In a game with no consequences, why are you still playing the "Good" side?'," to which "deflare" responded, "Because my no-consequences power fantasy is being able to help everyone."

I concur with "deflare." I wish I had the time, energy, attitude, and ability to help everyone. I regret that I am sometimes to busy, tired, grumpy, or incompetent to help. It'd be nice to be able to help more people more often and to keep a smile on my face while I did it. Unfortunately, I'm not that good.

Still, I am fairly good, and I have the power to get better. I can become more cheerful, more capable, and more diligent, especially if I actively work toward those goals. I used to do that kind of goal-planning all the time, but I got discouraged due to a lack of progress. But this goal seems much more achievable. I can become (even) better at helping people, and I'll be (even) more happy with myself when I do.

No comments: