Friday, October 21, 2022

Good Memories and Good Lessons

While looking for more wise sayings to share, I came across a quote attributed (apparently wrongfully) to the same wise man from my last blog post:

"Good times become good memories, and bad times become good lessons."

I don't know who actually said this, but it's a good message. It's nice to know that, however life turns out, some good can come of it. If times are bad, you probably won't enjoy them, but at least you might learn something from them, and if times are good, you probably won't learn much from them, but at least you'll have a good time and be left with some good memories. And really, that's why we're here, isn't it? To have a good, informative, formative, and hopefully enjoyable experience. Our individual experiences, good and bad, are the events that make that possible.

I'm thankful for the times I've had, both good and bad, and for the memories and lessons I've gained from them. In many ways, my experiences have made me who I am today, and in a literal way, those experiences have formed basically my entire life. We experience life through the good and bad times it offers, and both good and bad times have blessings to offer us.

No comments: