Friday, March 12, 2021

An Unfortunate Amount of Difficulty

"Everything to do with becoming more like the Savior is difficult." 

-President Russel M. Nelson

That's unfortunate. I generally prefer things to not be difficult. I avoid complications and difficulties whenever possible. I usually avoid unnecessary challenges, unless I think that those challenges would be relatively easy for me. Becoming like Jesus Christ is not an easy challenge for me. And, unfortunately for me, it's not an unnecessary one, either. To reach the Celestial Kingdom, where families can be together forever, we have to keep striving for perfection, and Jesus Christ is our perfect example of a perfect person.

So, no, I don't get to take the easy way out. No part of this process is going to be easy. I just hope that it's ultimately going to be worth taking on such a difficult task.

No comments: