Thursday, March 4, 2021

Being Good

I am not perfect. No one is. I take some comfort in the fact that we don't have to be. The Atonement of Jesus Christ can make up for our imperfections, and while we should always strive to be the best people we can be, the Atonement can help us when and where we fall short. Becoming perfect is a process of eternity. In the meantime, we can at least be good. We can help one another, love one another, support one another, and serve one another. We can follow basic moral principles most, if not all, of the time. We can at least be good, no matter how fare from perfect we are.

I have plenty of sins to repent of and habits I should refine before I can consider myself perfect, but in the meantime, I'm going to take some comfort in the knowledge that I am still a good person and that, for now, that is enough.

No comments: