Monday, March 29, 2021

Our Advocate With The Father

Tonight, in our Family Scripture study, one of the scriptures we read reminded us that Jesus described Himself as our advocate with the Father (D&C 110:4). I don't know exactly what our Final Judgement will look like. I don't know who all will be demanding justice. I don't know whether we'll plead on our own behalf or whether we'll be our own harshest critics. But I do know that we'll have at least one person in our corner, and He's the same person who made it possible for us to escape the grasps of sin and justice.

Jesus Christ paid for our sins, and He would very much like those sins to be forgiven. He made an immeasurable sacrifice for us, and He doesn't want that sacrifice to have been in vain. He opened the gates of heaven for us, and He wants us to go through them. No matter what we've done, He wants us to repent, forsake the sins He paid for, and become clean and acceptable before God, having reached Final Judgement with a miraculously spotless record.

I'm thankful that, no matter how badly we think of ourselves, there's always at least one person who's pulling for us and advocating for us. I'm thankful for my Savior. I'm thankful for His Sacrifice, for His forgiveness, and for His support. Without Him, I could never reach the gates of heaven. And heck, if not for His advocacy, I doubt I would dare to pass through those gates. I am not my strongest advocate. Thankfully, Jesus Christ is.

No comments: