Monday, March 8, 2021

"Require Not Miracles"

Tonight, I read some advice that would have been pertinent a few days ago. In D&C 24:13, we read "Require not miracles." Granted, there are some listed exceptions, but receiving personal revelation was not one of them. We are frequently blessed with personal revelation and other blessings, even miraculous ones, but we're not entitled to them. We shouldn't demand or require them, no matter how badly we feel that we need them.

I often feel like I need blessings, as I felt the need for personal revelation a few days ago, but I really need to be patient with God and wait on His time for His blessings. God has promised miracles, but He hasn't made many promises about when those miracles would come. Sure, I'd like for the blessings to come sooner rather than later, but the Lord will provide His blessings in His own due time, regardless of if and when I "require" them.

I'm sure I'm not the first person who got frustrated about blessings not coming when needed, expected, or wanted. Perhaps I ought to adjust my expectations when it comes to God. He has a different, greater perspective than I do. As much as I, from my perspective, feel like I need miracles, I shouldn't require them until God, from His perspective, sees fit to provide them.

No comments: