Friday, March 5, 2021

No Save Files

One thing I like about video games that I'm not fond of in real life is the ability or inability to create and reload save files.

In many games, you can save the game almost any time you want, and you can usually go back and reload old saves. If an encounter goes badly, or you change your mind about a decision you've made, you can go back, reload an old save, and move forward from there.

In real life, there is no going back. Every decision is permanent. There's no way to go back and try out different options. The only thing you can do is move forward from wherever you are right now.

I've made lots of dumb mistakes in my life, and I wish I could go back and change them, but I can't. All I can do is take what I've learned and try to move forward. I hope my future is brighter than my past has been because at this point, there's no way to go back and change it.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Isaiah 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

We cannot un-say unkind words, un-eat the extra cookie, but we can become the person who does not sat unkind words or eat too many cookies. We may not exactly get spot back, but something close and we can get ourselves back.