Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Back to Obedience School

Our dog is prone to making messes. She isn't very obedient. She's just, in general, a bit of a handful. And yet, I wonder to what extent we are any better. We can be willful sometimes, even disobedient, and every day, we make messes that The Savior has to clean up. It couldn't be much easier for God and Jesus to deal with us than it is for us to deal with our kids and/or pets.

So, whenever the dog makes a mess for me to clean up, or whenever she pulls on her leash and/or refuses to listen to commands, I'll try to remember that I, too, make messes, pull at my metaphorical leash, and struggle to listen and obey. Just as I have a hard time dealing with the family dog, I'm sure my Heavenly Father has a hard time dealing with me. Perhaps it would be best for me to try to be more clean and obedient, perhaps even as clean and obedient as I wish our dog would be.

No comments: