Saturday, June 19, 2021

Enduring and Learning from Afflictions

I'm a little worried. It's so hot where I live right now, and yet, it's not even Summer yet. I'm not sure how hard this Summer is going to be, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Still, I suppose that afflictions, including uncomfortable amounts of heat, are a part of life and an essential part of our spiritual progression. We came to earth partly so we could experience afflictions and the growth that they can bring.

I suppose I should look forward to the coming Summer and the growth experiences I'll have during it. After all, we were excited to come to Earth. Perhaps I should consider myself fortunate that I get to experience some of life's character-building experiences, including heat waves.

Thankfully, I know I'll get through it. I've been blessed with a good deal of comfort and resources that will help me endure the heat of the current heat wave and the coming Summer. I hate to think about how hard this Summer will be for those who aren't as fortunate.I'd like to help them. Maybe I'll manage to think of a way in which I can.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to keep my chin up. Yeah, we're dealing with some unpleasantness right now, but that's life. You endure it, learn from it, and move forwards. Here's hoping that this heat wave and the heat of the Summer might give me something to learn from and help me become a better person.

No comments: