Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Fun "Challenges"

The challenge of a DM is to create fun challenges for their players. Tonight, however, it turned out that several of the "challenges" I had set up for my players were easily solved, causing me to think that I should make these challenges harder. However, the players had fun "breaking" the puzzles I had put before them, and I guess that's all that really matters. I helped my friends have fun, so I'd say that tonight was a success.

At the end of the day, what's really important is that we help each other have fun, be happy, and find joy. Naturally, living the Gospel is the only way to lasting joy, but outside of the scope of the Gospel, there are countless ways to have fun and find happiness. So long as that fun and happiness don't go against the Gospel, just about any way to get it is about as good as any other. Tonight, we enjoyed the fun of easily overcoming challenges. In the future, we may have the fun of facing difficult challenges and barely overcoming them. I suppose the exact nature of the game doesn't matter, just so long as everyone has a good time. Similarly, the exact nature of a person's life doesn't matter, so long as it makes them happy and brings them joy.

No comments: