Sunday, June 13, 2021

Thank God for Unnoticed Blessings

I didn't stain any of my church clothes today. We were having dinner, and I spilled some salsa on my shirt, and I didn't notice, but I had to go to the bathroom, and that's when I noticed that I had spilled salsa on my shirt, and I was able to clean it up before any stains set in. Naturally, you could call it a coincidence that I had to go to the bathroom immediately after spilling on myself, but I'm not sure that it was. God is very good at being extremely subtle. He can pull strings and work miracles in ways that seem like mere coincidences. Granted, I'm not sure why He does this. Being a bit more open about His influence would make it easier for people to have faith in Him. But I'm sure He has His reasons for making His blessings subtle enough to go unnoticed.

This experience has made me wonder how many blessings God gives me that I don't notice. How many times has He saved me from problems that I never had because He spared me from them? How many times has He worked miracles that seemed like coincidences, luck, or just nature taking its course? How many ties have I failed to thank God for blessings I didn't even notice receiving?

I should thank God more often, and I should serve Him more, to partially pay Him back for the blessings He thanklessly gives me. I'm sure I receive far more blessings than I notice. I should make a point to thank God for the blessings that go unnoticed.

No comments: