Sunday, June 20, 2021

Focus and Feast

I should find out what the purposes of church are and how to fulfill them, because I'm pretty sure I haven't been doing that. Today, I physically attended church for the first time in a long time, but I'm not sure I got much more out of it than I get out of attending church virtually. It didn't feel any more real, more impactful, or more powerful than virtual church does.

I think my problem is that I wasn't focused. I wasn't really listening to the speakers or thinking about what they were saying. I wasn't feasting on the word of Christ. I'm not sure I was even snacking on it. I was too distracted, thinking about other things.

I plan to do better tomorrow. I have some plans for tomorrow, so I can't spend all day focused on the gospel, as I arguably should have today, but I can at least spend a solid hour focusing on the scriptures, the gospel, and/or any other spiritual matter I decide to focus on. Frankly, I should make that a daily habit. It would be good to spend an hour each day really feasting on the word of Christ.

I didn't really focus of the gospel today, like I should have, but I will tomorrow.

No comments: