Saturday, April 2, 2022

How Much Light is Needed?

One point that stood out to me this Conference so far is that, as Elder Jeffrey R. Holland testified, the world needs all the light it can get. However little light we have, that light is still essential for helping guide others.

Yet, I also thought about how much light we, individually, need. Sister Susan H. Porter reminded us that even a small amount of light can pierce the darkness. When I go to bed, I tend to rely only on the small light my phone can produce, but that light is enough to guide me to my bed. Similarly, God may not always bless us with a great deal of light, but as long as we are using the light we have and earnestly seeking additional light, He will make sure we have enough to get by.

We all need light. The world needs all the light it can get, and we need all the light we have. Thankfully, as long as we are seeking additional light, God will ensure that we, and the world, will have all the light we need.

No comments: