Wednesday, January 29, 2020

All of Me

Today, I met up with the guy who's profiling me for the school paper. We walked through the park as we waited for the bus. We talked about D&D and my blog as we ate dinner at Burger King. He even joined in tonight's game of D&D, which was a fairly representative sample of the game, and it was the most fun I had running a game of D&D in the history of my role as a DM.

Over the course of the four consecutive hours we spent in one another's company, we covered a wide array of topics, all of which were of direct interest to me. In addition to D&D, we talked briefly about Magic: the Gathering. We mentioned Let's Plays. We noted that the Burger King staff are well acquainted with me. We talked about my work as a writing tutor. We discussed my blog, why I started it, and why I started playing D&D. All told, we talked about most of the everyday aspects of my life. There were a few subjects we didn't touch on. Maybe we'll get to those later. But for the most part, I think he got to know me pretty well.

I wonder how much of this will end up in the student profile. At first, I thought that the profile would focus on only one aspect of my life and that I could have some control over which aspect that was. Now I think that the profile may touch on just about all of me.

When we die, we will be judged, not just on our best parts or our worst parts, but all our parts. Everything will be taken into account. And while my lengthy interview with my new friend missed a few important details, notably about my family, my Final Interview won't. When God calls me up to talk about my life, we will very likely spend what might feel like an eternity discussing everything there is to know about me. Nothing will be overlooked or left out, except the parts of which I will have repented. When God judges me, He will judge me based on all of me, not just my best, worst, or most obvious parts.

My student profile may well cover just about everything there is to know about me, but there will always be some parts of me that will get left out. God is going to be even more thorough. The student profile may cover most parts of me, but my Eternal Profile will cover it all.

No comments: