Saturday, January 11, 2020

Sabbath Day or Sick Day?

I'm glad I went to Family Day, but now I have to consider whether I'm going to go to church. Part of my concern is that, as part of my calling, I work with children. I really don't want to spread my illness to them. Wearing a mask at church would raise more questions and start more conversations than I want to deal with. And while I try to be a practicing member of the choir, I'm really in no shape for it this week.

I could go for the lessons, except that I doubt I'll get much out of them, and maybe I should go for The Sacrament, but I think I can afford to miss a week as long as I make sure I make it next week.

I know that church is important, but I really don't feel like going this week. I have some good reasons to go, but I also have some good reasons not to go. Maybe I should go, to show God how devoted I am, or maybe I shouldn't go, to safeguard others' health. It's another tough decision; one that may call for another coin toss.

Or maybe - a novel thought - I should make it a matter of prayer. I should ask God whether He thinks I should go or not. I should have asked Him whether or not I should go to Family Day. I should ask Him more questions more often.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Yes, we need to learn to be take our questions to the Lord more! I wonder at myself that I so often forget.