Saturday, January 25, 2020

Unprepared for Primary

This week, after two weeks of being unable to, I will be returning to help in my Primary class. Unfortunately, I haven't spent much time studying the lesson. Of course, I've been following along with the Come Follow Me lesson for Individuals and Families, and I've been reading the Book of Mormon chapters with my family, but I haven't spent much time looking at the specific discussion questions in Come Follow Me for Primary. I'm afraid I won't be much help to my teaching companion this week.

Still, having reviewed the lesson just know, I've seen that these discussion points are, thankfully and not surprisingly, fairly basic: Heavenly Father sent Jesus Christ to earth because He loves me, the Book of Mormon teaches precious truths, and the word of God gives me power to resist temptation. I could probably lead a 20-minute lesson on any number of those topics without much preparation. I got lucky this week. Next week, I should make a point of studying and potentially blogging about the Primary version of this lesson early on in the week. That way, I can ponder the messages throughout the week and be much better prepared to share those messages at the end of the week.

In the upcoming weeks, I'll try to be better prepared to share that week's lesson. For this week, I can only hope that what little preparation I've done will be enough.

No comments: