Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Mortality is Temporary

I'm still sick, which is kind of a bummer, but the good news is that I know that it's temporary. All mortal experiences are temporary, including mortality itself. Whether I get over this cold in a matter of days or whether I stay sick for the rest of my life, this illness will eventually end. Eventually, I will have a perfect, immortal body, and then I'll never get sick again. That's something to look forward to, I guess. I'm confident that I'll shake off this illness shortly, but whether I do or not, I'm comforted by the knowledge that all of our afflictions are temporary. As with everyone else who has ever lived, I will be whole and well again. This illness of mine won't last forever. No mortal experience will.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Getting a little sick now and then, experiencing occasional aches and pains can be a blessing if we remember how well we usually are and what a blessing it is to have a body.
A little harder to appreciate the blessings of chronic illness or pain except as we think of the resurrection and our Savior