Tuesday, December 21, 2021

An Honest Opinion

This afternoon, I had to update my resume and write a cover letter, bragging about my skills, abilities, and qualifications. I've always had trouble with situations like these. I don't like bragging about myself, partly because I don't want to be prideful, and partly because I have low self-esteem. Yet, bragging or not, there are some positive claims I can make about myself. I can, of course, share objective truths, including those that refer to my qualifications and experience. I can also share my honest opinion about myself and my abilities, evaluating myself the way I would evaluate anyone else.

It's difficult for me to sing my own praises, but I can try to be honest about what I've done, what I've learned, and what I can do. I don't like to brag, but I can share my honest opinions.

No comments: