Friday, December 17, 2021

Hierarchy of Needs

I let today get away from me. It took me longer than I expected to do the handful of things I needed to get done today, and I basically forgot to blog in the meantime. Then, in the evening, things kept piling up, so I had neither the time nor the energy to blog. I still barely have the energy to type coherent thoughts. I should go to bed soon. People need rest, and I actually promised someone that I'd get a decent amount of sleep tonight. I'd better get on that.

A guy named Maslow came up with a hierarchy of needs, with physiological needs near the bottom and more spiritual needs at the top. He argued that we need to satisfy our lower needs before we can build on them and address our higher needs. If our physical needs aren't being met, then we cannot meet our spiritual needs. Now, I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know that, right now, I have a physical need to get some sleep.

No comments: