Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Good to Believe

Facebook just reminded me that, five years ago, I shared the following image.

In case the image breaks later, it says, "I still believe in Santa Claus. He may not be the one that puts the presents under the tree, but his spirit works through us each time we give freely without expectation and each time we spread joy, love, and light."

I find this quote pretty inspiring, and it helps me to see the good that belief in Santa Claus can do. It's the spirit of Christmas, and as long as it inspires goodness, generosity, kindness, and compassion, then belief in Santa Claus is a good thing, even if it is technically a lie. As Moroni 7:13 says, "But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God."

I fully believe that the ideas behind Santa Claus were inspired by God and that it's a good thing to believe in him. It is good to be good, and anything that inspires people to be good is probably good, too.

No comments: