Saturday, December 11, 2021

Only Two Hands

My brother and I went for a walk today, and on our way back, we picked up litter. We would have picked up more, as there was plenty of litter to pick up, but we each only had two hands to carry it.

So it goes with most of life. There is only so much each of us can do. As such, all we can really do is do what we can and leave the rest to others and to God. My brother and I picked up a few pieces of litter today, maybe some people will pick up a few more, and so on. If enough of us do what we can, we can get the work done, no matter how little we can each do on our own.

My brother and I each have only two hands, and there are limits to what we can do, but if enough people lend their hands to the work that needs to be done, having two hands each will be enough.

No comments: