Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Doing Assignments on Time

I have developed a bad habit of putting off blogging until late into the night. This is, as I've learned toward the beginning of this semester, not like me. When I get an assignment, I usually try to get it done as soon as possible, if only to get the task done with so I can relax and enjoy my weekend, the time when many assignments fall due. This also gives me a buffer. If something goes wrong or takes longer than I expect it to, I still have time to finish the assignment on time. At Boy Scout Camp, I heard a saying: "Early is on time, on time is late, and late is inexcusable." While I wouldn't go so far as to say that late blog posts are inexcusable, I agree that blogging earlier would be better than blogging later, if only because it would let me go to bed earlier and get more sleep.

When I started this blog, the idea was that I would blog (specifically about Conference talks, if I recall correctly) every morning. After 12pm, it's not "morning" anymore; it's literally "afternoon." I can't promise that I'll blog before noon every day from now on (and I won't promise to only blog about Conference talks), but I will promise to blog before noon tomorrow (if it is still "tomorrow" by the time I post this).

No comments: