Saturday, December 4, 2021

Prayer Rocks

In a game I'm playing, the player character, Link, periodically prays at stone statues of the goddess Hylia for blessings from the goddess. Part of me thinks that I should do something similar. I could use a physical reminder to pray more often. Naturally, I want to avoid breaking the second of the Ten Commandments. I don't want to accidentally create, buy, or use anything that could be considered an idol. Yet, I have heard of people within our church using and advocating the use of "Prayer Rocks," which are rocks that get placed on pillows to remind someone to pray before going to bed. The rocks aren't any particular shape, and it doesn't matter whether or not you hold the rock while you prayer or not. You're not praying to the rock. You're praying to God. It's just that the rock reminds you to do so. I, perhaps, could use a rock like that.

No comments: